Immune Boost & Prebiotics for Gut Health
Cholesterol & Dairy Free
I love quiche, especially quiche packed with veggies. Most store-bought quiche is full of butter, heavy cream, and salt. So that motivated me to create this creamy quiche packed with lots of minerals and vitamins and without the guilt of eating as much as I like!
This quiche is not only very moist, it’s also packed with prebiotics that nurture the probiotics in our gut. We include the best prebiotics like onions, garlic, kale, and zucchini, and add mushroom and turmeric to boost your immune system. Tofu is a great replacement for eggs. There’s no cholesterol and it’s full of good proteins.
Let’s get cooking and enjoy it!
INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a skillet on medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil and cook the followings for about 10 min.
- 1 medium /purple or yellow onion, finely diced
- 5-6 medium cremini mushrooms, white or brown
- 1 cup of baby kale
- 1 small zucchini, sliced or chopped
- Season it with black pepper and a pinch of salt
Add the following in a blender and puree them:
- 1 (17 ounce) package firm tofu, pressed to reduce water content
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or rice vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp turmeric (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves or use 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp soy milk (or almond milk, nut milk)
- Season with 1 tsp salt and black pepper
Fold “Veggie Mix” into “Tofu Mix” together and pour them into the crust. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool for 30 min and serve!